Thursday, May 24, 2012

~ Time to Play ~

Finally...yesterday officially marked my Summer vacation, which means time to play.
I started the day at 5:30 (yes, AM) by finishing the binding on a quilt which should have been finished about a month ago. (There's a story behind this quilt...but not to be told today).  After removing the remnance of Devlin, I set out for the delivery. I was awfully nervous about this one, but the recipient not only seemed pleased with it, but asked about me making another one (or two). I guess that's a pretty good sign, right? The picture is not the best...I've got to remember to use a camera, not my phone.



 
After dropping off the quilt, I headed out to the movies (The Hunger Games...LOVED IT). In case anyone has not picked up on this, my sister, Rene', has always corrupted influenced me in such wonderful ways...


Is there any other way to eat popcorn?

A quick trip home to stop and smell the roses, of which my husband is quite proud...



...then off to do a little shopping for an American Idol, I Can't Believe The Season Is Over, I Love Phillip Phillips, He BETTER Win party.

I have to say, I could not have had a better first day of summer vacation.

And might I also mention how excited I am to be back blogging  :-)

Happy Quilting
~ Michelle ~



2 comments:

  1. Yay for summer vacation!!!! Love your new blog look and glad you are back. Aren't you relieved to have this commissioned quilt completed?!! I knew she would love it. Sure wish I could have joined you at the movies for popcorn and Goobers. And no there isn't anything better with popcorn unless it's peanut M&Ms which I discovered when the theater didn't have Goobers;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for summer break! And, no, ther eis no other way to eat popcorn. I love it with Goobers and with Peanut M&Ms. I love the combo of sweet, salt, and crunch!

    ReplyDelete