Monday, November 3, 2014

Choose Your Own BlockAlong 11/3/2014

I can't believe it is already November!!! I am entering my panic mode, thinking of all the things I want to make for Christmas. Yikes!! I am thinking it was a wise decision on my part to commit to only two blocks each week towards my City Sampler quilt ;-)))

I love the two blocks for this week.






 I have added the blocks to the grid I've been using, with placement according to block number from the book.


I have created a second grid where I will be moving blocks around, testing different block arrangements for the Gridlock quilt (yes, I finally decided on the layout).


I'm sure this will be a challenge for me, but it is time for me to stretch myself and become more comfortable in making design decisions.

It's been a busy week, so I haven't received my usual sneak peek of Rene's blocks. But I know she has more amazing blocks to add to her Dear Jane quilt. And since I have Christmas on my mind, I know that Cindy's blocks will keep me in the spirit. So head over to Rene' Creates and Live A Colorful Life and see what they have been up to ;-)

Thanks, as always, for stopping by!!

~ Michelle ~

4 comments:

  1. Two more beautiful blocks Michelle!!! I'm impressed with your two different grid layouts. You haven't missed anything from me. With my cold, I'm off to "quickly" piece my two Dear Jane blocks ;-))) Needless to say, my post will be delayed a few hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I still need to take the time to add my blocks to the layout thingy. It is on my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those dots! That fabric placement is really stunning--or should I say, inspired! I finally added on a link to your series of the Block-Along, so feel quite with it (for this twenty minutes or so. . .). Congrats on some beautiful blocks!

    Elizabeth
    www.opquilt.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two pink blocks for this week are wonderful! I love both colors and patterns of fabric that you have chosen for these blocks.

    ReplyDelete