Friday, November 23, 2012

~ Lots of Work, Little to Show ~

I've been very busy with quilty projects this week. So busy, in fact, that just about every muscle in my body aches. However, I don't have much to show for it...you know, 'Tis the Season to be working on Christmas gifts and such ;-) But here is what I can show...

I have begun my first scrappy quilt (barely) and I am SO excited!!!!!


This quilt is inspired by the Checkerboard quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts. Although I am piecing blocks instead of rows, as in Amanda Jean's pattern, I love how she combined whites and creams to go with her scraps.

I've been cutting and storing my scraps the past few weeks,

Putting my scrap basket from Cindy, Live a Colorful Life, to good use ;-)

and cutting and storing my whites and creams.


Love my bag from Michele, at Nostalgic Cafe :)

This quilt will be a long time in the making, so I hope I can remain patient and forgo my tendency toward instant gratification.

I've also been working on my FMQ skills. Typically, I do a meandering stitch, but I decided to try some loopy stitches.


I have to admit, I feel much more comfortable with the meandering stitch, but with practice, I'm sure I'll learn to love doing the loops.

Of course, my Frustration has enjoyed our quilting time as always...



Pretty pitiful showing considering the hours I've quilted this week ;-( Hopefully, I can show some completed projects soon!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful, restful Thanksgiving!!

~ Michelle ~


3 comments:

  1. I am loving your scrappy patchwork! I know what you mean about having trouble with anything but the stippling. I'm right there with ya, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your scrappy quilt. It reminds be of the quilts that were made by my grandmother. She used what was available. What a treasure you will have when it is completed. Speaking of treasures...your sewing companion is one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i see the "baby" likes to help....
    something about cats & quilting...
    sweet
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete