Monday, November 24, 2014

Choose Your Own BlockAlong 11/24/2014

I have neglected my City Sampler quilt the last few weeks, not that I haven't been busy quilting. I have entered my marathon Christmas quilting season and have been very busy trying to get quilts made for my kids. But I do have two more blocks to share. I think I am up to 21 blocks. However, I also have at least 2 (maybe 3) blocks to do over. One of them is this block:





Somehow I lost my point on the blocks on the right side...
*sigh*
I am enjoying HST much more than I did a couple of years ago, but I still miss the point occasionally.

I did a little better with the points on this block; however, two of the blocks on the right end lost their points as well. 



I don't know that I will ever make the perfect quilt block, probably because I don't really mind the mistakes. How horrible is that? ;-))))




I'll add these two blocks to my grid later...right now I am on babysitting duty, and my grandson has very little patience :)


Rene' and Cindy have some beautiful blocks to share this week, so be sure to head over to their blogs!!

~ Michelle ~

8 comments:

  1. I am a perfectionist in life, but am fine with an okay/not perfect block. Life goes on, so glad I can let THAT go, lol! Your blocks look fine to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think mistakes or imperfections are part of the artistic expression. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I have finally started my blocks and will head over to post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think once the seam allowance is taken, your points will be just fine ; )
    Pretty blocks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blocks Michelle! Life's too short to worry about HST perfection ;-)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you lost your points. Once you sew the seam allowance they should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really mind mistakes either... I've only been quilting a few years, but each new project is a new opportunity to learn something... I'm not one who rips everything out-unless it is just blatantly bad/wrong. love your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In my opinion, you did not do any mistake! Your quilt looks naturally and hand made. If it was so flawless it would look like it has been made by machine. Do not worry) It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing post. Informative, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete